Kamal Sarkar, Ph.D.
The University of Texas-Pan American
Mechanical Engineering Department
1201 W. University Dr.
Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
Office: ENGR 3. 257
- PhD, Materials Engineering, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- MS, Materials Science, Inidian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Calcutta University, Kolkata, India
- Nanomanufacturing and Nanomaterials
- Applications of Nanomaterials in Various Industries including Medical Devices, Drug Delivery Systems
- Computational Fluid Dynamics including Bio-MEMS
- "Electrospinning to Forcespinning [TM]," First Author, Materials Today, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 42-44, November 2010 (Lead Story in Research section of the journal with Impact Factor 11.452 in 2009)
- "Application of Dimensional Analysis to Predict Poly Ethylene Oxide (PEO) Fiber Diameters from Electrospinning Process,"Sole Author, International J. of Electrospun Nanofibers and Applications, Vol. 3, No. 1-2, pp. 61-81, January-August, 2009
- "Application of Neural Network to Predict Fiber Diameters for Electrospinning Process," First Author, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 209, Issue 7, pp. 3156-3165, April 2009 (Cited).
- "Challenges in Computational Modeling of Permeation Layers in Bio-MEMS Devices,” by K Sarkar, Sam Kassegne, Marc Madou, Dalibor Hodko, Ken Greiner, and Sandipan Maiti, Proceedings of the SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (SIAM CSE03), February 10-13, 2003, San Diego, CA.
- “Characterization of Porous Membrane Elements in Microfluidic Devices," Kamal Sarkar, Sam K. Kassegne, Marc Madou, Ken Greiner, & Sandipan Maity, Fourteenth US National Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Blacksburg, VA, June 23-28, 2002.
- “Design Issues in SOI-based High Sensitivity Piezoresistive Cantilever Devices," S. K. Kassegne, M.J Madou, R. Whiten, J.V. Zoval, B. Mather, & K. Sarkar, Dalibor Hodko, & Sandipan Maity, Presentation during SPIE's Ninth Annual Conference on Smart Structures and Materials, March 17-21, 2002, San Diego, CA. http://www.digitaladdis.com/sk/SPIE_CantileverPaper.pdf
- “Numerical modeling of transport and accumulation of DNA on electronically active biochips” Samuel K. Kassegne, Howard Reese, Dalibor Hodko, Joon M. Yang, Kamal Sarkar, Dan Smolko, Paul Swanson, Daniel E. Raymond, Michael J. Heller, Marc J. Madou; Sensors and Actuators; Series B; Vol. 94; pp. 81-98, 2003. http://digitaladdis.com/sk/NumericalModeling_DNACHIP.pdf
- “An Alternative to DEHP Plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride in Chemotherapy Drug Delivery Systems,” Len Czuba, Harry Puryear, Kamal Sarkar, Journal of Vinyl & Additive Technology: Dec. 1996 (Was the"most outstanding" paper in 1995 Society of Plastics Engineering, Medical Plastics Division).
- "Methods, Systems, and Software for Predicting and Controlling the Diamete of Electrospun Nanofibers using A Neural Network Model," US Provisional Patent Application 61/230,923, Inventors: Kamal Sarkar et al, August 3,2009
- "Methods and Apparatus for Making Superfine Fibers," Conversion from four Provisional Patents on March 19, 2009; Inventors: Karen Lozano & Kamal Sarkar
- "Excimer Laser with Magnetic Bearing Supporting Fan," US Patrent #: 5,848,089, Date: December 8, 1998Inventors: Kamal Sarkar, Palash P. Das, & Donald LarsonAssignee: Cymer, Inc., San Diego, CA
- "Bi-material Golf Club Head Having An Isolation Layer," US Patent#: 6,095,931 Date: August 1, 2000; Inventors: Ronald K. Hettinger, Neil Hall, Augustin W. Rollinson, & Kamal Sarkar; Assignee: Callway Golf Company, Carlsbad, CA
- "Multiple Material Golf Club Head with A Polymer Insert Face," US Patent #: 6,328,661 B1; Inventors: Richard C. Helmstetter, Ronald K. Hettinger, J. Neil Hall, Augustin W. Rollinson, Kamal Sarkar, Joshua G. Breier John G. Guard, & Pijush K. Dewanjee; Assignee: Callway Golf Company, Carlsbad, CA