David Allen, Ph.D.
The University of Texas-Pan American
College of Engineering and Computer Science
1201 W. University Dr.
Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
Office: ENGR 1.294
- Ph.D., Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1980
- M.E., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1977
- Certificate, Basic Meteorology Program, Texas A&M University, 1973
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1972
- Dean, College of Engineering, University of Nebraska, 2002-2010
- Professor, Engineering Mehcanics Department, University of Nebraska, 2001-2010
- Stewart & Stevenson Professor, Aerospace Engineering Department, Texas A&M University, 1992-2002
- Professor, Aerospace Engineering Department, Texas A&M Univeristy, 1988-1991
- Associate Professor, Aerospace Engineering Department, Texas A&M Univeristy, 1985-1988
- Assistant Professor, Aerospace Engineering Department, Texas A&M Univeristy, 1981-1985
- Assistant Professor, Engineering Science and Mechanics Department, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1980-1981
- Allen, D.H. and Haisler, W.E., Introduction to Aerospace Structural Analysis, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 1985.
Chapters in Textbooks
- Soares, R.F. and Allen, D.H., "A Computational Micromechanics and Multiscale Investigation of Failure in Viscoelastic Solids," to appear J. Aboudi Volume, Springer, 2009.
- Allen, D.H. and Soares, R.F., "Chapter 11: Multiscale Modeling of the Evolution of Damage in Heterogeneous Viscoelastic Solids," Multiscale Modeling in Composites, Springer, Y. Kwon, D.H. Allen, and R. Talreja, Eds., 2008.
- Souza, F.V. and Allen, D.H., "Multiscale Modeling of Impact on Heterogeneous Viscoelastic Solids Containing Evolving Microcracks," to appear in International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering, 2010.
- Kim, Y., Freitas, F., Allen, D.H., and Thiago, F., "Evaluation of Micromechanical Fracture- Damage Properties of Nonlinear-Inelastic Asphalt Mixtures." To appear in Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 2010 .
- Souza, F.V. and Allen, D.H., "Modeling Failure of Heterogeneous Viscoelastic Solids Under Dynamic/Impact Loading Due to Multiple Evolving Cracks Using a Multiscale Model," to appear in Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, 2010.
- Kim, Y.-R., Lutif, J.E.S., and Allen, D.H., "Determining Representative Volume Elements of Asphalt Concrete Mixtures without Damage," Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Bituminous Materials and Mixtures, Vol. 2, pp. 52-59, 2009.
- Soares, R.F., Allen, D.H., Kim, Y., Berthelot, C., Soares, J.B., and Rentschler, M.E., "A Model for Predicting the Effect of Tire Configuration on Asphaltic Pavement Life." International Journal on Road Materials and Pavement Design, Vol. 9, pp. 271-289, 2008.
- Thionnet, A., Bunsell, A., Camara, S., and Allen, D.H., "Methode FE2 Simplifiee Appliquee a la Modelisation des Ruptures de Fibres et de ses Consequences. Calcul de Resevoirs Composites," Comptes Rendus de JNC 16, Toulouse, 2009.
- R. Soares, Y. Kim, and D. H. Allen. (2008). "Multiscale Computational Modeling for Predicting Evolution of Damage in Asphaltic Pavements." Proceeding of 6th RILEM International Conference on Cracking in Pavements, Chicago, Illinois.
- Y. Kim, F. Freitas, and D. H. Allen. (2008). "A Micromechanics-Based Computational Model and Testing Protocol to Characterize Damage-Dependent Mechanical Responses of Asphalt Mixtures in Flexible Pavements." Proceeding of 6th RILEM International Conference on Cracking in Pavements, Chicago, Illinois.
- Y. Kim and D. H. Allen. (2005). "Development of Computational Model for Predicting Damage and Fracture Failure of Asphalt Concrete Mixtures." Proceeding of 5th International Conference on Road&Airfield Pavement Technology, Seoul, Korea.
- Allen, D.H., "A Model for Predicting the Evolution of Multiple Cracks on Multiple Length Scales in Viscoelastic Composites," Proc. Monterey Workshop on Multiscale Modeling, Monterey, California, September, 2005.